ARAMARK takes its responsibility for the environment very seriously. Our commitments are detailed in our Environmental Policy Statement. We have engaged with an environmental consultant to assist us and our Corporate Responsibility director drives this strategically at corporate level. The policy statement sets our commitment in preventing pollution and our aims to minimise our environmental impacts. The policy is communicated to all sites and reviewed whenever considered necessary.
Our aims for environment:
- Engage all key suppliers in ARAMARK's CR objectives via the CR Supplier Forum
- Ensure a range of sustainable products is available and continually developed throughout the business
- Minimise the carbon impact of deliveries and distribution
- Measure the carbon footprint of our controlled buildings and resource and target significant reductions in key areas by 2009
- Bring innovation and best practice to our front line operations and client premises on energy and water consumption
Recycling and Waste Management
- Provide a range of environmentally friendly products to all of our businesses, reviewing the range as developments occur
- Find recycling solutions for the waste that we generate to enhance our clients waste stream management processes
Key programmes supporting our environmental goals
Quality Environmental Management System (QEMS)
ISO14001 and 9000 provide processes and principals for measuring quality of service and environmental impact. Our head office's processes have this accreditation along with a range of our operating units.
British Food Fortnight
As lead sponsors for this annual event, this supports our CR programme by promoting the use of local produce, as well as supporting community activity with chefs partnering schools and running British food-related programmes for pupils during the fortnight and beyond.
This product campaign not only supports a UK product, but also supports the funding of water pumps for schools in Africa, providing the opportunity to spread our community activity outside the UK. ARAMARK installed its first pump in November 2007 and is now aiming to install multiple pumps early in 2009, with many clients working to fund their own pumps through site sales.
Watch the video of our first water pump installation. Find out about One water.