Our aims for community:
- To identify nominated charities and media-led campaigns to support across our business, giving our people a choice of great causes to assist
- To develop marketing programmes integrated with our retail initiatives to support these charities throughout the year
- To work with client charities at a local level to support and enhance their activities
- To develop a Star Teams network across all regions and identify key projects for them to support
- To create a range of volunteering programmes that are accessible to all ARAMARK employees across the UK
- To focus on support in schools during British Food Fortnight promoting the use of British products and healthy eating
Growing Industry Talent
- To work with industry bodies to enable the unemployed and disadvantaged to gain access to work experience and permanent placements
- To develop our own teams and provide guidance and support to maximise their opportunities
Key programmes supporting our community goals
British Food Fortnight
As lead sponsors for this annual event, we promote community activity, with chefs partnering schools and running British food-related programmes for pupils during the fortnight and beyond.
Promoting the industry to out of work or disadvantaged people and attracting them to work is the key aim of Springboard. This supports our drive to grow industry talent.
FutureChef is run by Springboard Charitable Trust and forms part of its high-profile national schools programme. FutureChef is designed to help young people aged 12-16 learn about food and how to cook, and is based on a nationwide, four-staged competition. It provides a unique insight into the world of professional cookery by capturing imagination, recognising talent and providing a potential platform to launch a fabulous career in the industry.
This product campaign not only supports a UK product, but also supports the funding of water pumps for schools in Africa, providing the opportunity to spread our community activity outside the UK. ARAMARK installed its first pump in November 2007 and is now aiming to install multiple pumps early in 2009, with many clients working to fund their own pumps through site sales.